National American Heart Month
Updated: Feb 24
February is National American Heart Month! Heart disease is the leading cause of death in both men and women in the United States, so it is always a good idea to make sure that you’re keeping your heart healthy and happy! We have 6 ways that you can be sure to maintain your heart health this year.
1. Just 10 Minutes of Exercise: Taking a quick walk around the office on your lunch break can keep your heart healthy!
2. Less Screen Time: Spend more time on your feet instead in front of a TV or computer screen.
3. Laughter Protects Your Heart: Laughing is healthy for your blood vessels and keeps your heart working properly!
4. Eat Nutritious Foods: Eating less salt, limiting alcohol, and eating healthy fats can help keep your heart happy.
5. Get More Z’s: Getting more sleep each night can help to lower your risk of heart disease.
6. Mental Health is Important: There can be a greater risk of heart disease for people with depression. Take care of your mental health and your heart will thank you!
February Team member
As Director of Marketing, Cody plays a key role in ensuring positive experiences with clients and prospects, coordinates all client events, and oversees and implements all marketing initiative and activities. Cody is a recent graduate from the University of Nevada, Reno where he got his degree in Marketing with a minor in Journalism. When Cody is not working, he enjoys photography, videography, seeing films, and playing with his dog Renly.